As part of the Green Tourism Business Scheme, Kinloch Hotel recognises that we must operate our business with care and consideration both within our local community and in the wider world. We have committed to operate these policies.
We use local suppliers and trades-people wherever possible.
We reduce, recycle and re-use all possible waste.
Our rooms and water are heated by a biomass boiler using sustainable ,carbon neutral fuel from Arran's own forests.
Our lighting has been replaced throughout with low energy versions with motion detectors and photocells.
We donate our used furniture and textiles to local charities.
Printer cartridges are donated to charity.
We have signed up to the cycle to work scheme.
We participate in the Arran Trust visitor gifting scheme.
We work with local schools to provide work experience and training.
We recognise compliance with relevant environmental legislation as a minimum level of performance.
We are committed to raising awareness in our employees with regards to green issues and how they can help.
We are committed to monitoring of progress and review of environmental performances by our green team on a regular basis.
We continue to maintain a respect for natural resources through water and energy conservation and material reuse, purchasing recycled materials and using recyclable packaging and other materials where possible.
Our social policy in the local community:
• we use local suppliers wherever possible to minimise transport and CO2 emissions but also promote local and Scottish produce
• we use local trades people and companies for property maintenance and operation
• we endeavour to pay all suppliers promptly and within their own credit terms
• we work closely with North Ayrshire Council and all statutory authorities to ensure that we operate our business about the minimum standards for Environmental Health & Safety
• we recognise that we are one of the largest employers on the Island and therefore contribute to the local community
• we offer free membership of our swimming pool to staff members
• we support the local village community group by providing use of the hotel leisure club for the primary school swimming lessons